1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2021 11:22 AM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking status of National Archives operations

Christopher Padgett Newbie

Does anyone know the status of National Archives operations? I sent two requests back in early September. One immediately responded (Atlanta) stating they weren't able to get to it due to COVID-19 and provided no additional guidance on when to resend the request. The second from DC has never responded. I understand COVID-19 is causing delays, folks working from home, etc., I just am trying to better understand  from an expectations perspective. Thank you.

• Re: Seeking status of National Archives operations
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Padgett,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The National Archives and Records Administration (NA is committed to protecting the health and safety of visitors, researchers, and employees during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Our museum and research facilities are closed to the public until further notice. Our in-person services for the public and other Federal agencies have been suspended almost entirely. We are making every effort to continue providing essential services whenever possible, using online and remote capabilities. Our ability to serve customers in a timely manner may be hampered by the current crisis, and we ask for your understanding and patience.

For more information, please review NARA’s Coronavirus updates web page, especially the Agency Memoranda to Employees section. These NARA Notices indicate which buildings are closed/opened and which staff members are working remotely via telework. If your requests required the staff to check paper finding aids and/or search the physical records, then your requests will be delayed until the staff of that unit can return to their building safely. Please keep checking the Coronavirus updates web page for NARA’s current operating status.

We hope this information is helpful. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

1 person found this helpful