1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2021 9:21 AM by Sylvia Naylor

    Seeking my divorce papers written up by JAG

    Patricia Ehlenfeldt Newbie

      I am in need of a copy of my divorce papers written up by JAG in Germany in 1988. Where are these records kept and how can I obtain a copy?

        • Re: Seeking my divorce papers written up by JAG
          Sylvia Naylor Scout

          Dear Ms. Ehlenfeldt,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest contacting the Office of The Judge Advocate General, ATTN: DAJA-AL

          2200 Army Pentagon, Washington, DC 20310-2200. 


          Also, according to the Department of State website copies of foreign marriage and divorce certificates may be obtained directly from the civil registrar or court in the foreign country where the marriage or divorce occurred. Contact the embassy or consulate of the foreign country in the United States for guidance on how to obtain copies of foreign public documents. Foreign embassies may require written requests in their language. Enclose copies of pertinent documents and any required fees in the form of an international money order.


          We hope this is helpful.