2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2021 4:20 PM by Jamie Vander Clute Branched from an earlier discussion.

    Seeking a complete OMPF with DD-214

    Frank Beas Newbie

      I have done all that has been suggested here. I have filled out standard form 180. I have faxed, mailed, and called. I have been told they were working on it.  I looked into it today 2-2-2021 to find that the request has been canceled. I simply need a copy of my military records to include the DD-214. How can I get this done?

        • Re: Seeking a complete OMPF with DD-214
          Elliot Schneider Ranger

          Mr. Beas,


          They are only servicing "Emergency Request" please refrain during this time. Here is some additional information you can use to monitor the situation until NPRC resumes normal operations.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. Because your request is not for emergency purposes, NPRC can not process it until public health conditions permit them to bring enough staff onsite to address non-emergency requests. When this happens it will take some time for them to work through the backlog. We can not provide any estimates at this time as to when your request will be fulfilled. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status.


          Hope this helps,


          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking a complete OMPF with DD-214
            Jamie Vander Clute Wayfarer

            Dear Mr. Beas,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Your request may have been canceled if your DD-214 is not at the National Personnel Records Center. Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated after September 30, 2002 (Army); after September 30, 2004 (Air Force); after 1994 (Navy); and after 1998 (Marine Corps) are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.


            We hope this is helpful.