2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2021 3:50 PM by Pat Laskowski

Seeking information about William Barkoff

Pat Laskowski Newbie

My great-great-grandfather, William Barkoff, was born ~ 1839. I'm not sure where. He married Martha J. Langley on 14 Feb 1875 in Lonoke County, Arkansas and was residing in Pulaski County, Arkansas. My great grandmother was born in 1877 in Little Rock, Arkansas. Sometime between 1877 and 1880 he either died or separated from Martha. In the 1880 census Martha and my great grandmother are living in Newburgh, Warrick County, Indiana. Martha is listed as a widow but I also understand that women would say they were widowed even though their husband may have abandoned them. On the 1880 census, Martha lists Williams' place of birth as Holland. In the 1900 census my great grandmother is married and lists Germany as her father's birthplace. In the 1910 & 1920 census Holland is once again listed as his birthplace. i haven't been able to find any records for William prior to his marriage to Martha in 1875, and nothing after my great grandmother's birth in 1877. He just vanished. if anyone has any information or suggestions where to look for records I would appreciate it.  Thank you.