1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2021 8:53 AM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking contracts for Texas frontier supplies

Deborah Liles Newbie

I am looking for government or military contracts with supplies on the Texas frontier from 1850s through 1870. I have been told that there are some available from the archives and that they are online, but I cannot find them anywhere!! Any help would be most appreciated.

• Re: Seeking contracts for Texas frontier supplies
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

Dear Ms. Liles,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located 59 record series relating to contracts for the 1850s through the 1870s. These records have not been digitized and are not available online using the Catalog.  For more information about these records, please email the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) at Archives1reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT1. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!