5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2021 10:18 PM by Brenna Kaminski

Seeking census record for Paul & Anna Barbiroglio

Brenna Kaminski Newbie

Hi All, I have been researching for some time to compile documents necessary for my dual citizenship application. I am trying to track down records of my grandparents Paul and Anna Barbiroglio. They arrived in 1909 to NY, were married in Manhattan and then headed to Glastonbury to work on a farm so I think they should be on the 1910 census. I located them on the 1920 census under a misspelled last name Barbiolio  along with sons Louis and Raymond residing at Great Swamp Road in Glastonbury, Hartford CT. Then in 1930 at their long time address on Carpenter St. under the spelling Barbuogeil. Then in 1940 under the new name they chose (I'm not sure if it was ever officially changed and I do not know how to find it) they are listed as Paul, Anna, and Raymond Burton at the same Carpenter St. address.

My issue is I can't find the 1910 record though I believe they would be in Glastonbury on the farm at great swamp road. I also can't find anything past 1940 under any of the names though they were still in the CT area and possibly at the same address. Additionally, I sent an index search for my GGF under all the name variations I have to see if he ever actually became a citizen. I know he petitioned and he also had it dismissed and then did another one but this was in the 20s and in the 40s the census still had him listed as "first papers". Any help with these matters would be appreciated.