1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2021 1:49 PM by Cara Jensen

    Seeking father’s citizen status

    Adrian Beltran Newbie

      Hi, My father is from Madrid, Spain. I am trying to obtain Spanish citizenship through him.  I need proof of his residency status but we are not in contact with each other. My father moved to the USA as a kid with his family but never became a citizen. He has a social security number (I have that number) but he didn’t get citizenship. I have his birth certificate for Spain but I don’t have any records of his legal status here. What document can I obtain? I’ve heard about the non-existence record but apparently I need his consent and a notary to get it. Is there any document I can get without him to prove his legal status? Any help is appreciated!