3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2021 11:18 AM by Cara Jensen

Seeking information about Susannah (Agee) Jones

Deborah Prideaux Newbie

I am seeking written document stating Susannah Agee Jones was the mother of Juda Jones Tiller (March 25, 1812 - July 18, 1894). Susannah Agee was born ca 1779 in Buckingham County,  VA to Mary Ann (Ligon) and Matthew Agee, Sr. She married Jeremiah Jones on October 2, 1800 in Franklin County,  VA. They resided in Franklin County, VA until around 1810. They relocated to Giles County, VA, and their daughter Juda was born in 1812. Several online web sites have incorrectly listed Susannah's death year as 1842 (Family Search), while another entry on WikiTree lists Susannah's birth year as 1782. Susannah died sometime after the 1850 US Census was obtained. Several sites list her death date as 1855. Her grave is not on Findagrave, and there is no indication where her grave is located otherwise. I have searched The Agee Register by Louis N. Agee, and all related books. While Susannah's marriage to Jeremiah Jones is mentioned, there is nothing stating a daughter of theirs was Juda Jones. Again, I am hoping to locate any document that shows Susannah (Agee) Jones was the mother of Juda (Jones) Tiller.  Thank you for your help.