1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2021 1:30 PM by Rachael Salyer

    Seeking military service records of Francis Spicer

    Mark Stanek Newbie

      I am trying to find the service records for Uncle Frank (Francis Spicer with Service Number 13033446) during WWII. I would like to reframe his war shadow box and want correct information for a brass face plate. Any and all information is helpful. Thank You.

        • Re: Seeking military service records of Francis Spicer
          Rachael Salyer Tracker

          Dear Mr. Stanek,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We searched the Access to Archival Databases (AAD) and located the World War II Army Enlistment Records database and located one file for Francis B. Spicer (13033446) that may be of interest to you.


          If you have not done so already, we suggest that you request a copy of your uncle’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and before 1959 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!