1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2021 7:08 AM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking status of SF-50 / OPF request

    C Harris Newbie

      Hello,  I have made several request for my SF-50 so I can apply for federal jobs. I understand the NPRC is working with a limited staff at the present time. I have mailed a request with the required information in July 2020 as well as faxed my request to 618-935-3014 (twice). I am in urgent need help of help to obtain my SF-50 and OPF records as I was laid off due to COVID and am currently unemployed. I got a status of ineligible for a position that I am eligible to pursue as a former federal employee because I did not provide an SF-50. Any assistance as soon as possible is greatly appreciated.

        • Re: Seeking status of SF-50 / OPF request
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Harris,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, you may resubmit your request by mail or FAX.  For mail, write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.  Send your letter to: National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. For FAX, write “urgent” at the top of your request and fax it to 618-935-3014 or 618-935-3019.  Include your phone number and email address so they can contact you quickly if any further information is needed. Due to PII concerns, they can only provide your SF-50 via mail or fax.


          The Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR), housed in the NPRC Annex, closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .


          We hope this information is helpful.



          Holly Rivet