1 person found this helpful
Dear Ms. Foxley,
Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!
Please review NARA’s web pages titled Plan Your Research Visit. Here are responses to your questions:
- It depends on the NARA research room you are visiting. Please view the web page of that unit or facility for more information.
- One archival box contains approximately 1,000 -1,500 pages. Copying fees are based on the numbers of pages you wish copied. If they are double-sided (information on front and back of the page), then each side of a page is counted.
- Each NARA unit has its own backlog. Please contact that unit for more information.
- The length of time for a reproduction depends on what you are requesting to be copied and from which NARA unit will be fulfilling the reproduction request. Please contact that unit for more information.
- There are no costs for visiting a NARA research room. Some facilities have lockers for holding your personal items not allowed in the research room. There is a nominal cost for using one (usually $.25) that you receive back when you no longer need the locker.
We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!
Thank you so much for your swift and helpful reply! I will get in touch with the unit (Archives2/College Park) and try to attain some more concrete information regarding "my" records (I followed the e-mail on the catalogue reference Archives2reference@nara.gov). How long does it usually take for a unit to reply to an enquiry?
Dear Ms. Foxley,
Thank you for posting your follow-up request on History Hub!
Since the RDT2 staff most likely is teleworking, we are unable to determine how soon you will receive a reply to your email.
We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.