2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2021 6:10 PM by Paul Link

Seeking Civil Aeronautics Administration safety release

Paul Link Newbie

I'm looking to find Safety Regulation Release 270 published by the Civil Aeronautics Administration on December 8, 1947.  I don't know where to begin my search.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

• Re: Seeking Civil Aeronautics Administration safety release
          Rachael Salyer Tracker

Dear Mr. Link,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the series Aeronautical Publications, 1940-1957 in the Records of the Federal Aviation Administration (Record Group 237), which includes Informational Release Files from the Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA) that may contain the document you seek. These records have not been digitized. Please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) at archives2reference@nara.gov for access to and information about these and similar records.

Next, we identified the series Subject Files, 1944-1949 in Record Group 237 that includes records related to the policies, programs, and administration of the CAA and the series Airport Publications, 1945-1963 in Record Group 237 that contains historical publications of the CAA and might be relevant. These records have not been digitized. Please contact RDT2 with any questions you might have about them.

You also may wish to explore other records related to the Civil Aeronautics Administration in the Catalog.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!