I need my ship records for my disability

The BVA needs my ship records to make a decision on my disability claim please.

  • James  -  If you can provide vessel name and approximate dates it's likely someone will assist.


    Thank you for posting on the History Hub! 

    This is in response to your inquiry to the National Archives related to the Naval Deck Logs. We would need to know the name of your researched vessel and hull number, the time period and any related information for us to continue our search.

    Some Deck Logs, mostly from 1956 through 1970, are already digitally available on the National Archives’ Online Catalog. You are welcome to check the Catalog for uploads. We encourage you to search for the name of the ship without using “USS” as a prefix or by the hull number. Our catalog is available at https://catalog.archives.gov/search-within/594258

    The Deck Logs starting in 1971 that have not yet been added to the catalog may contain instances of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and need to be reviewed and redacted first. If you limit your request to one or two months, we can review the requested month(s) in response.

    We invite you to continue the conversation with community members on History Hub, but should you have follow up questions for the staff at Archives II, please email us at archives2reference@nara.gov so that we can assist you further. 

    We hope this assists you with your research! 


    Textual Reference Archives II Branch (RR2RR)

    RR2RR 23-44109-PC