Looking for William Francis Harrison Dd214

I'm looking for William Francis Harrison s Dd214 form from the Navy during WWII. I'm also interested in finding out what my father did on the sub he was on and exactly how he got injured. All I know is his submarine hit a discharge and the door slammed on him as he was walking thru it. I would really like to know more if anybody could give me some information about it I would greatly appreciate it very much 

  • Hello  

    Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

    To get started with your research, we would recommend that you request his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for Navy enlisted personnel who were separated from the service after January 1, 1886 (January 1, 1903 for officers) are serviced by NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis.

    Veterans and next of kin of deceased veterans may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Please note that next of kin of a deceased veteran must provide proof of death of the veteran such as a copy of death certificate, letter from funeral home, or published obituary. For more information see Request Military Service Records.

    You may also complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.  If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you may omit it or provide estimates (such as for dates), but the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the correct file. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF).

    Archival OMPFs, those that are 62 years and older, may also be requested by visiting the Archival Research Room at the National Archives at St. Louis. Please email stlarr.archives@nara.gov for further assistance prior to making an appointment.

    We hope this helps with your research!