How can I find out what hospital I was born In when my father was stationed camp lejeune

My mother and father divorced when I was two and washed their hands of each other. They have both since passed on, and now I find it necessary to find out the hospital I was born in while he served.  It was in Onslow County in March of 1956.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  • If you don't have a copy of your birth certificate, order one from the State of North Carolina. It should list the hospital on it.

    You can do that here:

    If it doesn't, there's a better than 90% chance that you were born in the US Naval Hospital, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. Back in those days, they didn't generally pay for you to go off post and had plenty of capability on post to provide those services.

    And yes, it's US Naval Hospital--the Navy provides the Marines all of their medical support.

    Hope that helps.


    Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

    Vital records most commonly refer to records such as birth and death certificates, marriage licenses and divorce decrees, wills, and similar records. The federal government does not ordinarily create or maintain birth, death, marriage, divorce, adoption, burial, or other such records. These records are created by local authorities. They are typically not considered Federal records, therefore they are not held by the National Archives. The CDC's National Center for Health Statistics website tells how to obtain birth, death, marriage, and divorce records from state and territorial agencies. Additionally, for information on these records, you may contact the appropriate state, territory, or local bureau of vital statistics. For more information and resources on vital records please visit our Vital Records webpage.


    We hope this assists you with your research! 


    Textual Reference Archives II Branch (RR2RR)

    RR2RR 26-26320-JAH