Locate my father's military records

My father worked at the Hanford Center in the Manhattan project. He was drafted into the navy in 1945. His name is Stuart Paige--he was born on April 10, 1918. Thank you. I would like to find his military records.

  •   ,

    Thanks for posting on History Hub! 

    For your father's Navy record, we suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and before 1960 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans and next of kin of deceased veterans also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you may omit it or provide estimates (such as for dates), but the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the correct file. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.

    It's also possible that there is a personnel file for the time Stuart Paige was employed for the Manhattan Project. We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Personnel File (OPF). OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity before 1952 are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RRPO). Please email RRPO via email at stl.archives@nara.gov and  include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, beginning and ending dates of Federal Service. For more information, please check the Official Personnel Folders (OPF), Archival Holdings and Access website.

    Archival military OMPFs and civilian OPFs may also be requested by visiting the Archival Research Room at the National Archives at St. Louis. Please see the linked web pages for more information.  Please email stlarr.archives@nara.gov for further assistance prior to making an appointment.

    We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!