How do I apply for personnel records for teachers on military bases?

Trying to find out how to apply for my late mother's personnel records. She was an elementary school teacher with DOD from August 1969 through June 1973. She was based in Berlin, Germany, Weisbaden, Germany and then Tinker Air Force Base in OK. Would love advice on how to find them. Thank you!

  •  ,

    Thanks for posting to History Hub!

    We suggest that you request a copy of his/her Official Personnel File (OPF). OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center Annex. Written requests may be mailed or faxed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. Certain information in the OPF may not be available to the general public without the written consent of the individual. For more information, please check the Official Personnel Folders (OPF),Federal (non-archival) Holdings and Access website.

    We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!