SF-50 for prior agencies I work

Seeking an SF-50 from my last employer due to a lateral transfer to another federal government job. I worked at the VA hospital and now I work at SSA. I have contacted numerous offices, and the last office gave me the National Archives number. My HR for SSA has requested an SF-50 with no prevail. We were also told by VA that when they send it out, they don't know who or when they sent out my records. I worked for VA from 08-2011 thru 08-2014. Can you please assist in getting the document so I can sent to my HR? This is for my leave to be updated and it will benefit me for when I retire.


    Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

    Since you are currently a Federal employee, you should have an electronic-Official Personnel File (eOPF). Please contact your servicing Human Resources (HR) office or personnel department within the federal agency or organization you work for. These offices will provide you with information on how to access and use eOPF. If you are unable to access your eOPF, contact the eOPF Help Desk by phone at 1-866-275-8518 or email eopfhelpdesk@opm.gov 

    In addition, we also suggest that you request a copy of your Official Personnel File (OPF) for previous Federal employment yourself. OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center Annex. Written requests may be mailed or faxed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. Certain information in the OPF may not be available to the general public without the written consent of the individual. For more information, please check the Official Personnel Folders (OPF),Federal (non-archival) Holdings and Access website. Please note: OPFs are retired to the center within 120 days after separation from Federal employment. If less than 120 days have elapsed since separation, write to the last employing Federal office.

    We hope this assists you.


    Textual Reference Archives II Branch (RR2RR)

    [RR2RR 24-12634-LP]