Is there a way to locate and print my SF-50 online?

Does anyone know how to locate and print a copy of your SF-50 online?

  • Dear Ms. Black,

    Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

    If you are a current Federal employee, you may obtain your SF-50 through the eOPF (electronic Official Personnel Folder) specific to your department or branch.   The system may be accessed by .  If you need assistance logging into your system, contact the Human Resources department of your Federal agency.

    If you are not a current Federal employee, the last SF-50 you received would be the last one in your OPF.   Written requests may be mailed to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. Please include your full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service.  For more information, please check their web site at

    The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  As such, there may not be staff available to sign for certified mail at the time of delivery.  If you need your SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, please write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.

    Update: Please see also: The SF 50: That Elusive Form Everyone Needs ASAP (Revised Nov 22) which covers many aspects of SF-50 requests in detail.

    We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your request.