Seeking service record dated back in 1980

I would like to try to get my service records that are when I was in boot camp back in 1980

  • Dear Mr. Williams,


    Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


    The information you seek may be in your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S.Army after 1957 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. Or you may apply online at


    We hope this is helpful.