Seeking a copy my DD-214 & DD-215

Need copies of my DD-214 and DD-215 after fire damage.

  • Dear Mr. Curtis,


    Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


    We suggest that you request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Your DD-214 and DD-215 should be filed in it. OMPFs for those who  separated from the U.S. Armed Forces after 1959 and before October 2002 (depending on which service) are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In many cases where Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions.


    Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated after September 30, 2002 (Army); after September 30, 2004 (Air Force); after 1994 (Navy); and after 1998 (Marine Corps) are available in electronic format via


    We hope this is helpful.


Reply Children