I am trying to find what unit my father was in in WW2.

my dad Garnett Carl Self.  was in the Army from 1943 to1945. he was a POW.  he was at Fort sam Houston. hospital.  when he came home. I accessed the national archives.  they did find his final pay stub. but because of the fire. they don't have any more records. When he was drafted in 1943. he was living in Texas.   I have his draft card information that I got from Ancestry.com.  Any help on finding out about his time in service would be much  appreciated.  my name  is Rodney Clark.