1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2019 1:16 PM by Rebecca Collier

    wwII military records sgt ralph stanz us army


      I am looking to find information about my grandfather, SGT Ralph Stanz during WWII.  He is technically, my step-grandfather, but he is the only grandfather I knew.  Since there is no "next of kin" it is difficult to find out any information.  Any help would be appreciated.

        • Re: wwII military records sgt ralph stanz us army
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Ms. Galuska,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1957 are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL). In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and email it to the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL) at stl.archives@nara.gov. These records are considered archival. As his granddaughter, you should be able to obtain.

          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          1 person found this helpful