1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 11:55 AM by Research Services at the National Archives

    Criminal record search


      How do I go about viewing, copying, or getting a copy of a1971 federal magistrate case tried in San Luis Obispo CA 

        • Re: Criminal record search
          Research Services at the National Archives Tracker

          Dear Mr. Williams,


          Thank you for using History Hub. The following information is from the National Archives at San Francisco:


          The U.S. Magistrate Court in San Luis Obispo County is part of the Western Division of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. The seat of the Central District is in Los Angeles and the records go to the RIverside FRC/National Archives at Riverside. That said, magistrate criminal cases from 1971 are unlikely to have survived. Most are destroyed after five years unless the case was moved to the District Court criminal docket because it was charged as a felony.”


          Contact the National Archives at Riverside for information on how to access this case, if it still exists. The email address is riverside.archives@nara.gov.


          Best of luck in your endeavor.


          3 people found this helpful