1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 9:30 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Where can I find the 1970's patient records for US Naval Hospital in Taipei Taiwan.


      My Dad was evacuated to the Naval Hospital in Taiwan from Vietnam for surgery resulting from injuries to his back. Vehicle hit a remote-controlled mine. Looking for any surgical or patient logs from the early '70s.  Would have been between '71 and '72.

        • Re: Where can I find the 1970's patient records for US Naval Hospital in Taipei Taiwan.
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Miller,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The information you seek should be in his medical files. Medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1956 and prior to January 31, 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please complete a GSA SF 180 to request these records or your father may apply online at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/.


          Additional information may be contained in the clinical records. Clinical records on Navy and Marine Corps personnel treated at U.S. Naval Hospitals and inpatient care at other Naval facilities such as Taipei, Taiwan, China, APO SF are also available at the NPRC. Clinicals or patient's treatment folders are transferred to an inactive file upon completion of the treatment. Please request a search of these records using the same GSA SF 180 and by providing the name of the facility, specific dates of treatment, name of the service person and other identifiers, and mailing it to the address provided above. See https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/active-duty-medical-records for more information.


          We hope this is helpful.


          2 people found this helpful