5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 1:31 PM by Gary Wysocki

    Expert Rifle Badge


      My Father;'s DD214 States that he Qualified for an "Expert Badge with Rifle Bar"  I was able to get replacements for his other medals, but not for this Badge.  Can you help?  His Name is William B Wekluk (deceased) Service #33811024. Honorabley Discharged 26 Nov. 1945. Fort Story Virginia Convalesent Hospital.


      Thank You

        • Re: Expert Rifle Badge
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Wekluk,


          Thank you for posting your request on History HUb!


          NARA's National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which an Army veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate service department for issuance of the medals.  For requesting medals and awards, please complete a SF 180 and send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other" and attach a copy of his DD 214.


          We hope this information is helpful.


          4 people found this helpful
          • Re: Expert Rifle Badge

            What branch of service was he in?  Marines have different badges than Army

            • Re: Expert Rifle Badge

              There are a number of commercial companies that I believe will provide this badge for a fee, Suggest typing in "US Military medals and badges" in your browser to search for providers.

              • Re: Expert Rifle Badge
                Michael Culbertson Wayfarer

                Marksmanship badges are not considered medals, since they are not permanent awards.  So if you asked for your father's medals, it's not surprising that the Expert Rifle Badge was not included. 


                The marksmanship badges issued in WWII are the same ones the Army issues today.  If you know someone who has access to the PX, i.e., a current or retired Soldier, that person can go to the Military Clothing Sales store and buy the badge and the rifle bar.  If nobody you know has access to the PX, there are several companies that sell the badges, including Medals of America, Vanguard, usamilitarymedals.com, and others.  I suspect you could also find one on ebay or even on amazon.

                1 person found this helpful
                • Re: Expert Rifle Badge



                  I retired from the Army in 1987 as an Administratrive Specialist.  I have an Expert Marksmanship Badge wth Rifle bar.  I woud be glad to mail it to you.  Just email me your address.  You can get my email address at my account information at the Citizen Archivist page.