1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2018 9:06 AM by Rebecca Collier

    how to find VA records


      I am looking to find records to prove my father was registered with the VA

        • Re: how to find VA records
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Ms. Hargrove,


          Thank you for contacting the History Hub!


          Your father would be “registered” with the VA if he used any of the benefits under the GI Bill such as Disability Compensation, Education Assistance, Home Loans, Life Insurance, Pension, and Medical Services. Once the “claim” was settled, his files usually would be retired or sent back to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)  in St. Louis, MO.


          For additional information, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs via their website at https://www.va.gov/ or contact the NPRC via their website at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

          3 people found this helpful