1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2017 11:46 AM by Legislative Archives

    Southern Claim Commission Fich


      I have found Mile R Lindsey Commission #16521 Office 51 /8/ Year1878 D (cong 6632)

      Would I be correct to request Fich 2766?



        • Re: Southern Claim Commission Fich
          Legislative Archives Scout

          Hi Bevan,


          Yes, you can request that microfiche. These aren't our records, but it looks like the claim is on ancestry.com if you have a subscription or can visit a library or archives that has access.


          Through a quick search, it looks like the SCC file was removed by the Court of Claims (RG 123). Many disallowed claims were then appealed to the Court of Claims. You can contact Civil Reference at Archives 1 (downtown DC) for the file:


          National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1)
          National Archives Building
          7th and Pennsylvania Avenue NW
          Washington, DC 20408
          Phone: 202-357-5385
          Fax: 202-357-5936
          Email: Archives1reference@nara.gov