1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2021 10:28 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking status of requested military records for my father

    Samantha Kennedy Newbie

      I requested my father's OMPF file and Health records over 6 months ago but still haven't received anything. He has been deceased since 1985. Is there a way for me to get these records sent to me or can I request to go research them myself? Thank you.

        • Re: Seeking status of requested military records for my father
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Kennedy,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Since you have allowed sufficient time for the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) to receive and process your request (more than 10 days), please review Check the Status of a Request for Military Service Records to see the options for checking the status of your request. You also may telephone the NPRC Customer Service Line (this is a long-distance call for most customers) at 314-801-0800.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. Also in person research has been suspended at NPRC until further notice. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status.


          We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

          1 person found this helpful