2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2021 11:43 AM by Myra Symons

    Need to obtain my DD-214

    Angelo Liberato Newbie

      Please tell me how to get my DD-214.

        • Re: Need to obtain my DD-214
          Robert Crumley Scout

          Dear Mr. Liberato,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          You may request your DD-214 from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) via eVetRecs or by completing a GSA Standard Form 180 and mailing it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please see the NPRC web page Request Military Service Records for details.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience


          Please note that your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) may include the DD-214 you seek. OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated after September 30, 2002 (Army); after September 30, 2004 (Air Force); after 1994 (Navy); and after 1998 (Marine Corps) and are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.


          We hope this information is helpful.


          1 person found this helpful