1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2021 3:40 PM by James Huntoon

    Would like military records of Joseph Moody Jr

    Deborah Scott Newbie

      Would like military records of my deceased father, Joseph Moody Jr, who served during Korean War aboard the USS Quincy. Looking for the time Joseph Moody served in the Korean and rank. Also, I have a photo of the ship with a border of flags of places the docked. Unfortunately, the photo was damaged, I would like to replace.

        • Re: Would like military records of Joseph Moody Jr
          James Huntoon Adventurer

          Dear Deborah Scott:


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          If you have not already done so, you may request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).  Here is how to request those records from the National Personnel Records Center.


          You can also request logbooks for the USS Quincy from the National Archives at College Park at archives2reference@nara.gov.


          You may find information on Fold3.com, a genealogical website focusing on military records.  This website does require a subscription. 


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. Also, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!