1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2021 12:50 PM by Jason Atkinson

    How to find military history of Douglas Rollins

    Alexandra Rollins Newbie

      My father joined in the US Army in WWII.  He won 2 Croix de Guerre from General de Gaulle and spoke 7 languages.  I’m looking for his military history. His name is Douglas Rollins who was born in Paris, France and resided in New Hampshire. Thank you!

      Alexandra Rollins

        • Re: How to find military history of Douglas Rollins
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Ms. Rollins,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for soldiers of the U.S. Army who served during World War II and separated from service before 1959 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you may omit it or provide estimates (such as for dates), but the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the correct file if it survived the fire. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status.

          We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.