1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2021 8:34 PM by Jamie Vander Clute

    Seeking a copy of my SF-50 Separation

    Mary Vigeant Newbie

      How can I retrieve my copy of SF 50 separation?

        • Re: Seeking a copy of my SF-50 Separation
          Jamie Vander Clute Wayfarer

          Dear Ms. Vigeant,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Personnel Files (OPFs) are retired to the center within 120 days after separation from Federal employment. If less than 120 days have elapsed since separation, please write to the last employing Federal office.


          If it has been more than 120 days, we suggest that you request a copy of your OPF. OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center. Written requests may be mailed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. For more information, please check their website at https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival.


          NARA has reopened the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL. During Phrase One, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          If a SF-50 is required for employment opportunities or to apply for retirement and is needed immediately, please indicate on the outside of the envelope that the request is urgent or an emergency.


          We hope this is helpful.