1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2021 3:41 PM by Cara Jensen

    Seeking marriage records of William Long & Sarah Chick

    Patricia LongMoss Newbie

      I am looking for Marriage records for William Manuel Manning Long for years 1933 and 1934 possibly in Indiana or Military records at Fort Benjamin Harris, Indiana. William Manuel Manning Long was Stationed at Fort Benjamin Harris. He has a recorded divorce Court filing for 1933 from Josephine Rosalee Shuman Long. His marriage was to Sarah or Sara Chick in Sept 1933 or 1934. Sarah was my Mother. This is for the purpose of tracing Genealogy.

        • Re: Seeking marriage records of William Long & Sarah Chick
          Cara Jensen Tracker

          Dear Ms. LongMoss,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you contact the Marion County Circuit Clerk to request the marriage license of William Long and Sarah Chick.  If they do not have the information, you may wish to contact the surrounding counties.  We suggest that you review the FamilySearch Research wiki for How to Find Indiana Marriage Records for more information.  


          We also suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).  OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service before 1959 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!