1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2021 10:55 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking my bankruptcy transcript

    Donna Barrentine Newbie

      Can someone tell me how to order my bankruptcy transcript?

        • Re: Seeking my bankruptcy transcript
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Barrentine,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Please begin by contacting the court where the bankruptcy was originally filed, and requesting the following information:  The name of the court (including city & state) where the bankruptcy was filed, the name(s) of the party involved, case number, date of the bankruptcy, Federal Records Center transfer number, and box number for your case.


          If the court informs you that the files have been transferred to the National Archives, please email the National Archives at Kansas City (RM-KC) at kansascity.archives@nara.gov. RM-KC will determine which NARA facility has the records and provide you with instructions for ordering copies.  For more information, please review Bankruptcy Case Files at the National Archives at Kansas City.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RM-KC. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!