1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2021 8:40 AM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking status on requests & updating awards, award abbreviations & information on DD-214

    Ursula Garcia Newbie

      Hello. I need to check the status of 2 service request numbers that I placed several months ago (2-24295834975 and 2-24590345705).  I have been checking the “check status” service request online every single day and it’s the same information. My father whom is a Disabled Vietnam Veteran passed away from prostate cancer which was linked to Agent Orange.  I also wanted to see what the process is for updating my father’s awards on his DD-214. There seems to be a few awards missing. I’d like to give my father honors he deserves. Also, on another note, I came across one of his military records with some abbreviation that I cannot understand.  I have spent countless days researching but have been unsuccessful. If you look at the picture I attached, the last award listed is not legible. The front of this document states that this is form USACDCEC form 0045 (WS) and Rev 5 May 69. The title of this form is CDCEC-AG-PR, Subject: Enlisted Personnel Data.  I also noticed that the careless person who filled out this form, transposed my father’s social security number.. perhaps that may also be the reason why most of his awards aren’t listed on his DD-214. I appreciate any help you can provide me with.



      USACDCEC Form 0045

        • Re: Seeking status on requests & updating awards, award abbreviations & information on DD-214
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Garcia,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For Army personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) would normally verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate service department for issuance of the medals.  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Unfortunately, the NPRC does not have sufficient on-site capacity to respond to many other important requests, including requests related to other veterans benefits.


          Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We regret we are unable to provide a more optimistic forecast for the resumption of normal service levels. We greatly appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.


          NARA and NPRC do not have the authority to make changes to personnel records.  Changes can only be made by the Department of Defense.  To correct a military personnel record, use DD Form 149 (Application for Correction of Military Record).  The DD-149 is available in pdf format from the Department of Defense at https://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/eforms/dd0149.pdf .  If you have additional questions about the form or the process, please write directly to the Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA), 251 18th Street South, Suite 385, Arlington, VA 22202-3531, which has jurisdiction in such matters. For assistance, please email army.arbainquiry@mail.mil.


          We hope this information is helpful.



          Holly Rivet