3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2021 8:03 AM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking my DD-214 & VA Loan Certificate

    Daniel Pate Newbie

      I need a copy of my DD-214, and a copy of my veterans home loan certificate. I'm a disabled veteran trying to buy a house for my family. Please help with this request. I've been trying to acquire these since January. Again, please help me and my family. Sincerely, Daniel Pate

        • Re: Seeking my DD-214 & VA Loan Certificate
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          If you are not currently working with someone or loan officer, please make sure you work with a banks loan officer that knows VA loans. Their are many people out their that claim to help veterans but are also a scam. Also any good VA loan officer at a bank knows the paperwork that needs to filled out and they should be the ones that submit the forms for them to obtain your Certificate of Eligibility (COE).


          If your having problems getting DD214 try reaching out to your local county clerk of courts or county veterans service office. Its possible you may have registered your discharge at the court house or county offices when you came home.





          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking my DD-214 & VA Loan Certificate
            Holly Rivet Tracker

            Dear Mr. Pate,



            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, on November 7, 2020, NPRC regressed back to a “Closed - Except for Emergencies” operating status when local public health metrics worsened and no longer met NARA’s standards for remaining open. While the NPRC remains in this status, the NPRC staff will only service requests associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter.  Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.


            Modern service records, generally for veterans who separated after Calendar Year 2000, are available in electronic format. NPRC has deployed new digital delivery functionality to enable some of these requests to be serviced by its staff from remote locations. To be eligible for this service it is imperative that requesters submit a request using the online application, eVetRecs, and provide an email address with their request. If you provide an email address and your request involves records available in electronic format, the NPRC staff will obtain the records and provide you with credentials that will enable you to download the requested records from a secure server. This service is available only when (1) the responsive records are available in digital format, and (2) requesters provide an email address with their request.


            In many instances, records that are available in electronic formats also may be accessed directly by veterans, without involvement from NPRC, through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) eBenefits application at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage or the Department of Defense milConnect application at https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/ .  Modern military medical records may be accessed through the VA’s Blue Button application at https://www.va.gov/health-care/get-medical-records/. For more information regarding the online availability of VA and military records, please visit https://www.va.gov/records/.


            We regret we are unable to provide a more optimistic forecast for the resumption of normal service levels. We hope the above online resources are helpful and greatly appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.


            More information about the National Archives' response to coronavirus can be found at archives.gov/coronavirus .



            We hope this information is helpful.



            Holly Rivet