1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2021 2:19 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking medical records from 8th Field Hospital

    John Davis Newbie

      How do I locate my medical records when I was in the 8th Field Hospital in Na Trang, South Vietnam in January 1968, with malaria?

        • Re: Seeking medical records from 8th Field Hospital
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Mr. Davis,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Records of the 8th Field Hospital do not include medical records of the individuals treated by the staff. Such records would have been filed in the individual medical report. We suggest that you request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1958 and before October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful.