1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2020 8:01 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking the OMPF of Dennis Shields

    Dennis Shields Newbie

      I am looking for the US Navy OMPF, Dennis Michael Shields, who served from 1982 - 1986.

        • Re: Seeking the OMPF of Dennis Shields
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Shields,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) and medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1957 and prior to January 31, 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful.