1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2020 11:03 AM by Elliot Schneider

    Seeking my father's military records & DD-214 form

    Elizabeth Reed Newbie

      I have been trying to find out how to get my deceased father's military records and DD-214 form. I haven't had any luck finding the information I need. Does anyone know how I can get this form?

        • Re: Seeking my father's military records & DD-214 form
          Elliot Schneider Ranger

          Hello Elizabeth,


          Please contact the NPRC using the SF-180 form, which is available online. Currently, NPRC is only processing "Emergency Requests" for burials, education, and homeless veterans. When normal business operations resume please contact the following below.


          Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) depending the branch of service and your date of separation.  Please see Locations of Service Records for details. If the chart indicates that your records should be with the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. In many cases where Army and Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. For more information see Request Military Service Records.



          Hope this helps,


          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful