2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2020 4:42 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking a copy of my NGB Form 23

    Rebecca Barton Newbie

      How do I get a copy of my NGB  Form 23?

        • Re: Seeking a copy of my NGB Form 23
          Elliot Schneider Ranger

          Ms. Barton,


          Please contact the NG of the State that you served every state has contact information on their website. Please see link and attachment below. Lists all states.








          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking a copy of my NGB Form 23
            Thomas Richardson Navigator

            Dear Ms. Barton,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Your NGB Form 23 will be filed with your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). The date when you were discharged from the Army National Guard will determine what agency you need to contact.


            For access to personnel records of non-active duty Army National Guard enlisted personnel and officers, please contact the Adjutant General of the appropriate state listed on the National Guard website at https://www.ngaus.org/states-territories/state-association-directory.


            Some Army National Guard records were transferred to the custody of the National Personnel Records Center. We also suggest that you request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Army (including some Army National Guard) since October 16, 1992 and prior to October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the NPRC closed again as of November 7, 2020 until further notice. NPRC will respond only to requests involving burials, medical emergencies, and homeless veterans.  If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines or emergency requests may be faxed to (314) 801-0764.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army and the Army Reserves (including the Army National Guard) since October 2002 are in the custody of the U. S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC-PDR-VIB, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 420, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402. The telephone number is 1-888-276-9472; email address is askhrc.army@us.army.mil; and the web site is https://www.hrc.army.mil/.


            We hope this is helpful.