Dear Mr. Waibel,
Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!
We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the following series of administrative records in the Records of Naval Operating Forces (Record Group 313) that may contain copies of dispatches you are seeking:
- Blue 350, Confidential and Restricted General Administrative Files, 1941-1943
- Blue 348, Secret General Administrative Files, 1940-1945
- Blue 351, General Files and Personnel Letters, 1940-1943
- Blue 347, Confidential and Restricted General Administrative Files and War Diaries, 1941-1946
- Correspondence and Reports, ca. 1944 -ca. 1945
- Confidential General Administrative Files, 1/1945-12/1945
If this is an operational order or plan it will have a different designation. These records are located in the series titled Operational Plans and Orders and Related Documents, 1941-1945 in the Records of the Office of Naval Operations (Record Group 38).
For access to the records listed above, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at email@example.com.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.
We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!