1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2020 10:52 AM by Cara Jensen

    Seeking birth certificate of Tyeson Cecil Calvin


      I have tried to send for his birth certificate in Arkansas twice, with no results. Tyeson Cecil Calvin was born in Hope, Hempstead County, Arkansas on 21 October 1924. The vital records office can't locate it. He once had a passport, served in Army in 1945, and died in 1986 in Oklahoma. Thanks.

        • Re: Seeking birth certificate of Tyeson Cecil Calvin
          Cara Jensen Tracker

          Dear Mr. Calvin,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Since Arkansas Statute 20-18-305 does not allow public release of birth records which are less than 100 years old, we suggest you review the criteria for eligibility from the Arkansas Department of Health before resubmitting your request. 


          Since he served in the Army, we suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          The State Department has custody of passport applications dated after 1925.  For information on how to request an application, please visit their web site at Get Copies of Passport Records. All requests for passport records issued after 1925 to the present should be mailed to the U.S. Department of State, Office of Law Enforcement Liaison, FOIA Officer, 44132 Mercure Circle, P.O. Box 1227, Sterling, VA 20166.


          Also, please review the FamilySearch Research wiki for Oklahoma Vital Records.