Dear Ms. Heavilin,
Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!
In addition to the previous posters information, we searched online and located several articles and other publications that might be of relevance to your research. They include:
- For a Few Decades in the 18th Century, Women and African-Americans Could Vote in New Jersey
- Did You Know: Women and African Americans Could Vote in NJ before the 15th and 19th Amendments? (US National Park Service)
- 19th Century African American Voting Rights
- The End of Black Voting Rights in Pennsylvania: African Americans and the Pennsylvania Constitutional Convention of 1837-1838
- FREE MEN AND "FREEMEN": Black Voting Rights in Pennsylvania, 1790-1870
- The Negro Vote in Old New York
There may be a fee for some of these online articles. Instead, you may wish to contact your local library. Many library systems subscribe to these sites, making them free for patrons to use.
We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!