4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2020 10:33 PM by BRENDA BECTON

    Seeking my NGB Form 23


      How can I obtain my NGB Form 23?  I never received it after my honorable discharge from the LA Army Nat'l Guard? I have been out for many years and I have been pursuing it for several years now.  What can I do?

        • Re: Seeking my NGB Form 23
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          I believe that you are talking about Louisiana National Guard? If so this is the information you need below. Please copy and paste link into your web browser and contact them directly.




          Mailing address:
          Louisiana Army National Guard
          Attention: J1-Records Branch
          BLDG 496 3rd Street
          Camp Beauregard
          Pineville, LA 71360


          MSgt Glenda Conerly – Knowledge Manager
          Desk: (504) 391-8315


          SGT David Breaud – Records Request Clerk
          Desk: (318) 290-5571
          Fax: (318) 290-5698
          Records Request Form: NEW-SF-180

          MSG Gavielle Wheeler – Records Branch NCOIC
          Desk: (318) 290-5744

          LTC Ronald Sayer – Records Branch OIC
          Desk: (318) 290-5672



          Hope this helps,


          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking my NGB Form 23
            Thomas Richardson Navigator

            Dear Ms. Becton,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Your NGB Form 23 will be with your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). The date when you were discharged from the Army National Guard will determine what agency you need to contact.


            For access to personnel records of non-active duty Army National Guard enlisted personnel and officers, please contact the Adjutant General of the appropriate state listed on the National Guard website at https://www.ngaus.org/states-territories/state-association-directory.


            Some Army National Guard records are transferred to the custody of the National Personnel Records Center. We also suggest that you request a copy of your OMPF. Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army since October 16, 1992 and prior to October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records. 


            Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army and the Army Reserves (including the Army National Guard) since October 2002 are in the custody of the U. S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC-PDR-VIB, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 420, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402. The telephone number is 1-888-276-9472; email address is askhrc.army@us.army.mil; and the web site is www.hrc.army.mil.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!