2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2020 3:54 PM by Christopher Padgett

    Seeking access & copies of land acquisition records for Fort Knox

    Christopher Padgett Newbie

      Where and How do I obtain access and copies of government land acquisition records for the Fort Knox military base from the 1930s? I want to access land acquisition records for my great grandparents farm that was purchased by the Federal Government in the 1930s as part of the expansion of the Fort Knox military base in Meade County, Kentucky. I want to access government records related to land acquisition, boundary maps, any photographs, payments made for the property, and any correspondence between the Federal Government and my paternal great grandparents who were forced to sell the family homestead for the expansion of Fort Knox, previously known as Camp Knox. The farm was located at the confluence of Otter Creek and Dry Branch. Where and how can I obtain access to these types of records?

      Farm map