1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2020 12:10 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking bankruptcy discharge from Eastern District of Michigan


      How can I find a bankruptcy discharge from Detroit (Eastern District of MI) from 2004? I cannot get it from PACER. The bankruptcy court referred me to this website, but I cannot seem to navigate it correctly to find what I am looking for.

        • Re: Seeking bankruptcy discharge from Eastern District of Michigan
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Betlej,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          In order to locate bankruptcy case files, please include the name of the court (including city & state) where the bankruptcy was filed, the name(s) of the party involved, case number, date of the bankruptcy, Federal Records Center transfer number, and box number in your request. The court should have provided you with this information. If not, please contact them again and request it. Once you have this, please email the National Archives at Kansas City (RM-KC) at kansascity.archives@nara.gov. RM-KC will determine which NARA facility has the records and provide you with instructions for ordering copies.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RM-KC. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!