1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2020 6:48 AM by dave hughes

    Seeking medical benefits


      I have been trying to find out if i have any medical benefits.  I have requested my DD214. The request number is 1-5548990101.

        • Re: Seeking medical benefits
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Hughes,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of your DD-214 from National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Indicate that you require a copy of your DD-214 for medical benefits and check the 'Medical' box under Purpose. You can also fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.



          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.


          We hope this information is helpful.




          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful