1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2020 6:32 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking my Federal Criminal Record


      How can I obtain my criminal record April 1974 January 1975?

        • Re: Seeking my Federal Criminal Record
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear. Ms. Adams,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To obtain a copy of your Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal record, please follow the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act request procedures outlined on the Requesting FBI Records webpage. An FBI criminal record is confidential and can not be provided to anyone other than the subject of the fingerprint card.


          To obtain information about federal criminal court records, please contact the court where your case was tried to inquire about the disposition of the case files. Depending on the age and disposition of the records, they may have been transferred to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).  Please see the National Archives Court Records web pages for the locations of court records in NARA custody, and email any relevant location or locations to request a search for a specific case.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from various NARA units. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this information is helpful.