2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2020 3:55 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking military records of Jerry Burris


      I am looking for military and discharge records for Jerry Lee Burris.

        • Re: Seeking military records of Jerry Burris
          Alice Lane Pioneer


          Your best bet is to go to https://www.fold3.com/choose-a-plan

          They have a 7 day free trial and after it is $7.50 a month.

          Also you can try familysearch.org. It is a free site, you just need to join to search.

          Then their is Ancestry.com it is also a pay website.

          I looked for Jerry Burris on family search but there were too many with that name and did not know his date of birth or years served.

          Please do not hesitate to ask if you need more help.

          Good Luck in your search.


          • Re: Seeking military records of Jerry Burris
            Thomas Richardson Navigator

            Dear Mr. Burris,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You can also fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            We hope this information is helpful.